It is with great enthusiasm that I announce my intentions to run for the office of County Judge of Austin County.
I am a 1993 graduate of Sealy High School and a 1998 graduate of Texas A&M University with a BBA in Finance.
Since graduating from Texas A&M, I have been a full-time rancher and own residential rental property in the county. I have been married to my wife Regina for the past 12 years. After working at an oil and gas company then as a full-time teacher, Regina now substitute teaches. I am a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Cat Spring. Some other organizations I have been a part of include:
- Volunteer Firefighter with the Cat Spring Volunteer Fire Department for the past 20 years. served as Secretary, Vice-President and, for 14 years, President. I now serve as 2nd Assistant Fire Chief.
- helped to oversee tremendous growth in the department, the equipment and the personnel.
- hold emergency services certifications such as SFFMA Fire Fighter II, Haz-Mat Technician, Instructor at Texas Smoke Divers and NIMS certifications including 100, 200, 300, 700 and 800.
- named Fire Fighter of the Year several times by the Sealy News and the 100 Club of Houston.
Hired by a consulting firm in 2008 and began traveling the United States teaching fire departments funding and financial management skills.
Austin County Fire Fighters Association of which I have served several offices including President.
Volunteer EMT Basic for Austin County EMS serving as sector officer for several years.
Austin County Emergency Services District #2 serving as secretary from 2008 to 2012 overseeing the transition from a volunteer department to a combination paid/volunteer department in Sealy as well as the construction of the new fire station.
Austin County 911 Board member representing the fire service.
Austin County Farm Bureau serving as a director since 2009.
- served on the State Resolutions Committee,
- selected to Ag Leadership Program
- named District 11 Young Farmer / Rancher of the Year in 2010.
Texas AgriLife Extension Service’s Beef and Forage Committee.
Cat Spring Ag Society lifetime member and have served as Assistant Treasurer.
I have made many trips to Austin and even Washington D.C. to meet with Senators, Representatives and other leaders representing Austin County. I seek out opportunities not just to belong, but to lead. I will stand as a steward for the taxpayer with honesty and integrity. I would appreciate your support and confidence to serve as the next County Judge of Austin County.
P.O. Box 414
Bellville, Texas 77418